High yield coil
Our Grade B500C reinforcement can also be supplied in spooled coils of 2.2 Tonnes, known as high yield coil. Celsa Grade 500C Celsamax (link to Celsamax) high yield reinforcing coils exceed the requirements of BS4449:2005 +A3:2016 Grade 500B, are fully weldable, and are available, ex-stock in all BS4449:2005 +A3:2016 preferred sizes, from 8 to 20 mm.
All our B500C reinforcement is BBA and CARES approved, and is certified to the BES6001 responsible sourcing standard through the Eco-Reinforcement responsible sourcing scheme.
|Nominal size||Cross-sectional area||Mass per metre|
|Yield strength Re (characteristic)||500MPa|
|Bend requirements||BS 4449:2005 + A3:20165|
|Fatigue requirements||BS 4449:2005 + A3:2016|
|Bond requirements||BS 4449:2005 + A3:2016
BS EN 1992-1-1:2004
BS EN 10080:2005
Eurocode 2 (EC2)
|Welding requirements||BS 4449:2005 + A3:2016,
BS EN 10080:2005
|Stress ratio: Ultimate tensile strength/Yield strength (fs/fy)||1.15 to 1.35|
|Uniform elongation (Agt)||≥ 7.5%|
- High yield coil is generally used for the manufacture of links for confinement in reinforced concrete structures.
- Ends of coils can be welded together so the process doesn’t produce any waste.
- Celsa’s high yield coil is of Grade C ductility, and can be straightened and used as reinforcing bar.
- Once straightened it can be used in the production of Grade 500C mesh.
- Celsa Grade 500C high yield coil is hot spooled directly from the mill, so the tendancy for twisting when decoiled is greatly reduced, enabling less power to be used by the bending machines, reduced wear on the rolls and greatly reduced out of plane bending.
Bar geometry and rolling marks
The rib pattern for Celsa Grade 500C high yield coil is the double angle rib pattern which complies with BS 4449:2005.