Celsa produce Grade B500C high ductility hot rolled, ribbed steel bar, for use in the reinforcement of concrete. Our Grade B500C reinforcing bars meet all the requirements of BS 4449:2005 + A3:2016 Grade B500C, are fully weldable, and are available in all BS 4449:2005 preferred sizes, from 10 to 50 mm.
All our BS 4449:2005 + A3:2016 reinforcement is CARES approved, and is certified to the BES 6001 responsible sourcing standard through the Eco-Reinforcement responsible sourcing scheme.
|Nominal size||Cross-sectional area||Mass per metre|
|Yield strength Re (characteristic)||500MPa|
|Bend requirements||BS 449:2005 + A3:2016|
|Fatigue requirements||BS 449:2005 + A3:2016|
|Bond requirements||BS 449:2005 + A3:2016
BS EN 1992-1-1:2004
BS EN 10080:2005
Eurocode 2 (EC2)
|Welding requirements||BS 449:2005 + A3:2016,
BS EN 10080:2005
|Standard lengths||6m, 12m, 14m, 15 m (Dependent on Diameter)|
|Special lengths (available by prior order)||from 6m to 18 m|
|Length tolerance||-0 +100 mm|
|Stress ratio: Ultimate tensile strength/Yield strength (fs/fy)||1.15 to 1.35|
|Uniform elongation (Agt)||≥ 7.5%|
Bar geometry and rolling marks
The rib pattern for Celsa Grade B500C bars is the double angle rib pattern which complies with BS 4449:2005.
- For general reinforcement of concrete structures.
- Moment distribution (up to 30%) in reinforced concrete design
- Additional ductility allows plastic/non-linear design
- Additional ductility and cyclic performance make it suitable for any potential overload situations where inherent robustness is important
- Other design applications include: pile caps, retaining walls, shear walls, beams and columns.