Other wire rod
Celsa produce a low carbon steel coil which is also known as ‘other wire rod’. This material can be produced in a diverse range of grades and qualities depending upon final purpose, such as drawing down to wire. General drawing grades may also be referred to as ‘commercial’ drawing grades, and are used for relatively simple applications, such as fencing, general wire fabrication, nails and supermarket trolleys. Our other wire rod has a high drawability with both chemical and mechanical descaling.
It is produced in a wild coil format comes in two grades: Mild Steel wich has a carbon content of <= 0,15% and Medium carbon, which has a carbon content within the manage 0.55.
All our Other Wire Rod products are certified to the BES 6001 responsible sourcing standard.
* Other grades are possible. Please contact us for details.
Celsa’s extensive range of low carbon wire rod is suitable for the following applications:
- Thin, annealed, grey and galvanised wires for agricultural and commercial uses.
- Bright wire and bars for chrome plating, nickel plating, electrolytic zinc coating, painting, etc.
- Normal and special nails and for automatic nailing.
- Barbed wire, metal mesh, fencing, etc.
- Industrial wires, shaped parts for automobiles, etc.
- Screws, nuts and bolts.
- Shaped wires.
- High carbon baling wire.
- Bedding and Seats wire.